Wednesday, July 23, 2014

BR-15: The Bookstore Valentine (Barbara Maitland, 2002)



"Love is in the air!"


Mr. Brown loved his store. The store was called the Black Cat Bookstore. 

One morning Mr. Brown said, "Valentine's Day is coming. I will have a sale!" He decides to have a Valentine's Day sale, and he put a sign in the window. However, the store is so busy. He is so tired.

So he hires Miss Button to help out. Miss Button seems perfect for the job and Mr. Brown. Mr. Brown likes to Miss Button, but he is so shy. He can't ask her feelings. Miss Button is shy, too. 

Mr. Brown's cat is Cobweb. Cobweb can find a way to help for Mr. Brown and Miss Button. Cobweb dropped their love letter in front of them. They both read them out loud: "Please have dinner with me tonight."

They become happy!

I thought Mr. Brown and Miss Button are so kind. Also, Cobweb is so bright cat! 

[155 words]



Reference

Maitland, Barbara (2002). "The Bookstore Valentine". London, England: Puffin Books.

2 comments:

  1. This book is very cute, so I want to read. Also, your blog page is very cute too. I like your blog page, and I enjoy reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for comment, Yuria.
      I want to read this book for you, too!
      Please read it^^

      Delete